The Delta Academy is designed for young women who meet the following criteria:
- Young women 11 to 14 years of age who are in grades 6 through 8
- Demonstrates great academic and personal promise
- Shows interest in developing leadership skills
- Shows interest in community action and social change
- Shows interest in non-traditional STEM
The Delta GEMS Youth Initiative is designed for:
- Young women ages 14 to 18 who are in grades 9 through 12
- Young women who are interested in developing leadership skills
- Young women who are actively pursuing college and/or career options
- Young women who need encouragement and support in pursuit of higher learning
- Young women identified by authorized partners of Delta chapters and/or former Delta Academy participants
The EMBODI program is designed to refocus the efforts of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated, with the support and action of other major organizations, on the plight of African-American males. Both informal and empirical data suggests that the vast majority of African-American males continue to be in crisis and are not reaching their fullest potential educationally, socially, and emotionally.
EMBODI is designed to address these issues through dialogue and recommendations for change and action. EMBODI addresses issues related to STEM education, culture, self-efficacy, leadership, physical and mental health, healthy lifestyle choices, character, ethics, relationships, college readiness, fiscal management, civic engagement, and service learning.